Friday, May 27, 2011

Breadsticks... by Karlie

In a big bowl mix together...
    1 T yeast
    1 1/2 C warm water
    2 T sugar
Then add...
    3 + C flour (You will need to add flour until it isn't too sticky to knead.)
    1/2 t salt
Knead it for 3 mins. Let it rest for 10 mins. (I just put it back in the bowl to rest.)
In the mean time get a cookie sheet all nice and buttery. I'd use 2-3 T of it. Use more than you normally would cause that gives the bottom the crunchy yumminess. While you are waiting you can also mix up the spread for the top.
    1/4 C mayo
    1/4 C parmesan cheese
    1/4 C softened butter
    (This is all the recipe calls for but I like to add parsley to the top to get the green flakey look and I also 
     add garlic powder if I'm feeling that.)
Now smash the dough into the cookie sheet so that it is even thickness all around and it gets to all the corners. Spread the spread on top and let the dough rise for 30 minutes. Before you stick it in the oven cut the bread sticks into strips going hamburger style across the pan. (Unless you want super long bread sticks!)
It bakes at 350 for 20 minutes. Just make sure the top looks all nice and golden before you take it out.

This looks like a really long recipe for such an easy thing.... I just like to add the little details that I find out as I go cause I often am begging someone to dumb down a recipe for me! ha ha I like details! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment